Andrew R. Makauskas
Andrew R. Makauskas is a Partner with Brady, Connolly & Masuda, P.C. in its Chicago office. He has been representing employers and insurance carriers in civil litigation since 1991.
Andrew R. Makauskas appears regularly before the Circuit Courts, Federal Courts, and the Illinois Workers’ Compensation Commission. He has successfully defended employers in large exposure cases involving complex medical and legal issues. Mr. Makauskas has made numerous presentations to clients and to the insurance industry.
Andrew R. Makauskas received his undergraduate degree in Business Administration from the University of Michigan in 1988 and his law degree from the University Of Illinois College Of Law in 1991.
- Corporate Defense Litigation
- Employer Liability
- Insurance Coverage
- Workers' Compensation
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Illinois, 1991
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois, 1991
- University of Illinois College of Law, Champaign, Illinois, 1991, J.D.
- University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, 1988, B.A.
Honors and Awards
- Martindale-Hubbell, AV-Preeminent Rating
- "Reducing Construction Claim Costs" National Electrical Contractors Association, Inc.
- "Managing Concurrent Exposures: Workers' Compensation And Civil" Brady, Connolly & Masuda, P.C, Annual Spring Seminar
- "Limiting Costs Of Construction Litigation" Construction Safety Association Of America
- "How to Successfully Deny Improper Claims," EMCOR
- "Erosion of Limited Employer Liability and Its Impact on Insurance Coverage" Workers' Compensation Claims Association
- "Effective Handling Of Employer Liability Cases" Accident Fund Insurance Company
- "Pursuing A Civil Fraud Action", Brady, Connolly & Masuda, P.C., Fall Seminar
- "Safety & Risk Workers’ Compensation Forum" Presentation to NECA/IBEW, 6/14/12
- "A Respondent’s Take On The Workers’ Compensation Amendments" Presentation to IIIFFC Indiana, Illinois, Iowa Foundation For Fair Contracting, 06/5/2012
- "Contracts And Applicable Insurance Coverage" Presentation to Iowa Mutual Insurance Company, 10/27/2011
- "Workers’ Compensation Reform Overview" Presentation to ECA (Electrical Contractors’ Association, 10/12/2011
- "Workers’ Compensation Reform Overview" Presentation to Iowa Mutual Insurance Company, 8/10/2011
- "Contribution And Fault Allocation" Presentation to CCMSI, 4/01/2011
- "Reducing Claim Costs" Presentation for Connelly Electric, 2/8/2011
- Lecturer, Various Topics of Employer Liability and Workers' Compensation, DuPage County Bar Civil Law Seminar, 1996 - Present
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Illinois Defense Counsel, Member
- DuPage County Bar Association, Member