Anthony P. Ulm
Anthony P. (Tony) Ulm is an attorney in the firm’s Chicago office where he concentrates his practice in all areas of civil defense litigation. He also represents employers in workers’ compensation litigation.
Tony has extensive experience representing and defending businesses, individuals and insurance carriers in a wide variety of litigated matters, including claims related to personal injury and wrongful death, workers’ compensation, construction litigation, products liability, medical malpractice, professional liability, and commercial litigation. He has successfully represented many different types of clients, including but not limited to, manufacturers, distributors, retailers, contractors, school districts, physicians, hospitals, attorneys, insurance brokers, accountants, architects, and engineers.
Tony has consistently achieved outstanding results for his clients in numerous mediations, arbitrations, trials and appeals in state and federal courts throughout the United States, as well as before various administrative bodies, including the Illinois Workers’ Compensation Commission. He has also authored articles and conducted seminars on topics related to his practice.
Tony received his Bachelor’s Degree from the University of Illinois and his Juris Doctorate from the Southern Illinois University School of Law. While in law school, he served as an editor of the Southern Illinois University Law Journal.
- Personal Injury Defense
- Workers' Compensation Defense
- Construction Litigation
- Products Liability Defense
- Medical Malpractice Defense
- Professional Liability Defense
- Business/Commercial Litigation
- Estate of Brock v. Bruce Sands, M.D., et al.
- Raymond Management Services, Inc. v. William A. Pope Company
- Anthony Stanley v. Fleet Car Lease
- Supreme Court of Illinois, 1997
- U.S. District Court, Central District of Illinois, 1998
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois, 2004
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Michigan, 2012
- U.S. District Court, District of Delaware, 2012
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Wisconsin, 2013
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Northern District of Illinois, 2014
- Pro Hac Vice Admissions in Arizona, Florida, Louisiana, Vermont, and Wisconsin
- Southern Illinois University School of Law, J.D., 1997, Editor, Southern Illinois University Law Journal
- University of Illinois, B.A., 1994
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Illinois State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute