Beverly N. Masuda
Ms. Masuda is a founding member of Brady, Connolly & Masuda, P.C., and her practice is concentrated in the defense of employers in workers compensation claims throughout the State of Illinois, at the arbitration level and all levels of appeal. She has served as a Commissioner with the Illinois Workers Compensation Commission and has frequently presented at the Commission’s annual judicial training session. She is a frequent speaker at legal seminars and has presented at the Annual Meeting for both the American Society for Surgery of the Hand (2008) and the American Association for Hand Surgeons (2013).
- Irene Eugenis v. Motorola
- Marilyn Nash vs. Motorola, Inc.
- Franky Cora v. SUPERVALU/Jewel Food Stores
- Illinois, 1981
- Illinois Institute of Technology Chicago-Kent College of Law, Chicago, Illinois, 1981, J.D.
- University of Hawaii, Honolulu, Hawaii, 1974, B.A. Sociology/Psychology
Honors and Awards
- Martindale-Hubbell, AV-Preeminent Rating
- Illinois Leading Lawyers, 2005-Present
- Illinois Super Lawyers, 2005-Present
- Book chapter, “Legal Aspects of the Workers’ Compensation Patient,” sponsored by the American Society for Surgery of the Hands, 2013
- "Claims Based Upon Stress and Mental Disabilities", Council on Education in Management, 1998
- "When Are Employees Liable for Non-Work and 'Excluded' Injuries?", Council on Education in Management, 1996
- Lecturer, Various Topics Involving Workers' Compensation Issues & Inter-Relationship Between Workers' Compensation and Common Law Cases for the Chicago Bar Association, Illinois Trial Lawyers Association, Illinois State Bar Association, Council on Education in Management, and Illinois Industrial Commission.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Illinois State Bar Association, Symposium: Management of Arm Illness in the Workplace; 63rd Annual Meeting of the American Society for Surgery of the Hand, September 17, 2008 Panel Member
- Workers' Compensation Lawyer's Association, 1992 - 2000, Member, Board of Directors
- Illinois Industrial Commission, 1989 - 1990, Commissioner