Daniel J. Cody
Daniel J. Cody is a Partner at Brady, Connolly & Masuda, P.C. concentrating in the defense of workers’ compensation matters before the Illinois Workers’ Compensation Commission. Mr. Cody is licensed in Illinois and Missouri and initially practiced in the St. Louis area after obtaining his licenses in 1990 and 1991 before coming to Chicago in 2003. His experience has been in the defense of insureds and employers in both civil and workers’ compensation settings.
For five years prior to joining the firm in 2008, Mr. Cody worked for a third party administrator involved with both workers’ compensation and liability claims handling. While with the third party administrator he served as a Total Performance Manager, Outsourced Claims Manager for a client and most recently as Operations Manager of a Milwaukee Office servicing Illinois and other states. This experience has allowed great insight into what it takes to get the job done for the insured and self-insured client and how best to provide the legal services needed as part of a team approach in resolving claims.
- Missouri, 1990
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Missouri, 1990
- Illinois, 1991
- Saint Louis University School of Law, St. Louis, Missouri, 1990, J.D.
- Washington University in St. Louis, 1986, B.A.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Workers' Compensation Lawyers Association, Member
- LAGBAC - member
- Missouri Bar Young Lawyers Section, 1994 – 2000, Member
- Missouri Bar Young Lawyers Section, 1999 - 2000, Member, Executive Committee
- Solo and Small Practice Committee, 1996 - 2003, Member
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis, 1990 - 2003, Member