John P. Connolly
John P. Connolly is an experienced trial lawyer with more than 20 years of experience in the preparation and defense of Illinois workers' compensation and employer liability matters.
Mr. Connolly is a founding partner of the firm of Brady, Connolly & Masuda, P.C. which focuses on the defense of Illinois employers in workers' compensation and civil related matters.
Mr. Connolly has substantial workers' compensation experience having practiced before the Illinois Workers' Compensation Commission, Illinois Circuit and Appellate Courts, as well as U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois.
Mr. Connolly has tried multiple cases before the Illinois Workers' Compensation Commission and has also successfully prosecuted cases through and including the Circuit and Appellate Courts of Illinois.
- Workers' Compensation Defense
- Employer Liability
- Insurance Coverage Defense
- Premises Liability Defense
- Professional Liability
- Appellate Experience
- John P. Connolly successfully defended the employer in a claim involving an altercation between a teacher and students. The Arbitrator rejected the petitioner’s claim for hearing loss, additional lost time, and future medical benefits.
- John P. Connolly successfully defended an elevator manufacturer in a case involving an elevator repairman who underwent an arthroscopic repair of the anterior labrum and debridement of the posterior tears of the shoulder.
- Roadside Auto Body, Inc. v. Miller , 285 Ill.App.3d 105, 673 N.E.2d 1145 (2nd Dist. 1996)
- Hayden v. Industrial Commission, 214 Ill.App.3d 749, 574 N.E.2d 99 (1st Dist. 1991)
- Illinois, 1984
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois, 1984
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois Trial Bar, 1984
- DePaul University College of Law, Chicago, Illinois, 1984, J.D.
- Loyola University, Chicago, Illinois, B.A.
Honors and Adwards
- Martindale-Hubbell, AV-Preeminent Rating
- Illinois Leading Lawyers, 2004-2017
- Illinois Super Lawyers, 2005-2013
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Illinois Association of Defense Trial Counsel, 1992 – Present, Member
- Illinois Association of Defense Trial Counsel, 1994 – 1997, Member, Seminar Planning Committee
- Illinois State Bar Association, Member
- Illinois State Bar Association, Workers' Compensation Law Section Council, 1996 - Present, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- Workers' Compensation Lawyers Association, 1990 - Present, Member