Julia B. McCarthy
Partner – Bloomington/Normal
Julia B. McCarthy has practiced in the area of workers’ compensation for over 25 years. Ms. McCarthy has handled defense of workers’ compensation claims throughout the State of Illinois. Ms. McCarthy has worked in both private practice and as house counsel in the insurance industry. She has experience before the Illinois Workers’ Compensation Commission up through the Appellate Court. Ms. McCarthy joined the firm in 2000 and is a partner in the Bloomington/Normal office.
Ms. McCarthy is a member of the Illinois State Bar Association and Workers' Compensation Claims Association. She has served as program chair for the Illinois Workers' Compensation Claims Association and on the Board of Directors of the Association.
Ms. McCarthy joined Brady, Connolly & Masuda in December 2000. She is a partner, managing the office in Bloomington-Normal which covers venues throughout Central and Southern Illinois.
- Cagle v Freight Car Services – 13 IWCC 0450, 06 WC 6916, 06 WC 12072
- Ishikawa v Peoria Disposal Co. – 14 IWCC 1074; 13 WC 25890
- Jenkins v Freight Car Services – 13 IWCC 0093, 11 WC 5839
- Marchant v IWCC and TRW Automotive – 2013 – MR – 2, 12 IWCC 1390, 08 WC 18032
- Murphy v Meta Tec – 14 IWCC 758, 06 WC 55273
- IME Doctor Defeats Treating Physicians
- James Norton v. Peoria Midwest
- Thomas Horist v. Western Industrial Contractors
- Illinois, 1987
- Loyola University School of Law in Chicago, Illinois, 1987, J.D.
- St. Ambrose College in Davenport, Iowa, 1982, B.A. Business Administration
Honors and Awards
- Illinois Leading Lawyers, 2014-2016
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Workers' Compensation Lawyers Association
- Workers' Compensation Claims Association, Board of Directors, 1996 - 2000
- Workers' Compensation Claims Association, 1995 - 1998
- Central Illinois Program Committee