Nicole L. Wiza
Nicole Wiza has over seven years of experience practicing in the arena of defending workers’ compensation claims on behalf of insurance companies and employers in Illinois. Nicole has practiced in all venues in the Northern part of the state but practices predominantly in the Chicago venue and in the Geneva-Wheaton-Elgin circuit.
Nicole has tried a number of cases before the Illinois Workers’ Compensation Commission and successfully defended cases before the Illinois Workers’ Compensation Commission, Circuit Court and Appellate Court. As a member of the firm’s Appellate department, Nicole is experienced in the defense of matters throughout the entire appeals process. Nicole has also recently joined the firm’s Medicare Compliance department and advises clients to ensure Medicare’s interests are properly addressed in concert with defense of workers’ compensation cases.
Nicole grew up in the Chicagoland area and currently resides in downtown Chicago with her husband.
- Illinois, 2008
- John Marshall Law School, Chicago, Illinois, 2008, J.D.
- University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, 2003, B.A. Communication Studies and Political Science
- “Making Change Work: AMA Standards” – Client Practice Alert, January, 2014
- “Employee Leasing Companies and PEOs” – Presentation to CCMSI, March , 2015
- “AMA Guides – What’s Trending” – Spring BCM Seminar Presentation, May, 2015
- “Getting Back to Work” – Presentation to CCMSI, August, 2016
- “Considering Medicare’s Interests” & “The Prescription Drug Trap” – BCM Medicare Seminar, September, 2016
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Workers’ Compensation Lawyers Association, Member
- Chicago Bar Association, Member
- Illinois State Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- Women's Bar Association, Member