W. Scott Trench
W. Scott Trench is an attorney in the Civil Litigation Department at Brady, Connolly & Masuda, P.C. in its Chicago office. Mr. Trench has 13 years of civil litigation experience representing clients in state and federal courts in Illinois and Indiana. In addition, he has represented clients in matters before the Illinois Human Rights Commission and the Chicago Commission on Human Relations.
Mr. Trench's litigation experience includes the representation of clients in construction litigation, commercial litigation, premises liability, transportation liability, product liability, consumer fraud, and appeals. He has tried several cases to verdict and has handled numerous appeals. His clients include the nation's largest consumer electronics retailer.
Mr. Trench received his undergraduate degree in Marketing from Arizona State University in 1995. He received his law degree in 1999 from the DePaul University College of Law.
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Indiana, 2009
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois, 2008
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Indiana, 2005
- Illinois Bar, 1999
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, 1999
- Illinois Supreme Court, 1999
- DePaul University College of Law, 1999, J.D., Dean's List and Moot Court Participant
- Arizona State University, 1995, B.S. Marketing
Classes / Seminars
- ”Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Claims in Illinois” Presentation to Iowa Mutual Insurance, September, 6, 2013, Dewitt, Iowa
- ”Litigation Strategies – Malingering/Secondary Gain and IME's” Presentation to CCMSI, July 31, 2013, Danville, Illinois
- ”Successful Defense of Excess Medical Treatment and Bill’s” Brady, Connolly & Masuda , P.C., Spring Seminar, May 2, 2013, Oak Brook, Illinois
- ”Defending Slip, Trip and Fall Cases” Presentation to Gallagher Bassett Services, Inc., December 19, 2012, Oakbrook Terrace, Illinois
- ”Mechanism of Injury“ Webinar presentation to CNA, July 11, 2012
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Cook County Bar Association