William D. Brewster
William D. Brewster focuses on the defense of Workers' Compensation claims. He has tried dozens of cases before the Illinois Workers' Compensation Commission and various Illinois Circuit Courts and has argued cases before the Illinois Appellate Court. Mr. Brewster is a frequent lecturer and speaker on the subject of workers' compensation defense and related matters and is a member of several bar organizations.
William reside in Grayslake, Illinois with his wife and four children. He has been coaching youth sports for the past 15 years including the Grayslake Youth Baseball Association, little league baseball, girls softball and boys and girls basketball. William D. Brewster is an active member of Living Waters Assembly of God Church and enjoys golf and skiing in his spare time.
- Workers' Compensation
- 100% of practice devoted to litigation
- Illinois, 1992
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois, 1992
- John Marshall Law School, Chicago, Illinois, January, 1992, J.D.
- University of Illinois, Illinois, May 1988, B.A.
Honors and Adwards
- Illinois Leading Lawyers, 2017
- Martindale-Hubbell, AV-Preeminent Rating
- William Ware v. The Industrial Commission, 318 Ill.App.3d, 1117 (1st Dist. 2000).
- “Work Place Altercations,” Crawford & Company, October 1, 2003
- “Section 12 Medical Examinations: Strategies and Effective Use,” Third Annual Continuing Workers’ Compensation Education Presentation for Accident Fund Insurance Co. of America, September 7, 2007
- “Reducing Wage Differential Exposure Through Aggressive Vocational Rehabilitation,” Accident Fund Insurance Co. of America, 13th Annual Attorney Seminar, October 8, 2007
- “A Respondent’s Guide to Avoiding Penalties,” Brady, Connolly & Masuda Spring Seminar, May 1, 2008
- “Avoiding Penalties and Attorneys’ Fees,” Brady, Connolly & Masuda Spring Seminar, May 1, 2008
- “Accident Investigation of Workers’ Compensation Claims,” Jeld-Wen, Inc., April 23, 2009
- U.S. Foods, Inc. Attorney Panel Discussion, Las Vegas, NV, March 20, 2012
- “Utilization Review, Preferred Provider Programs, Medical Costs: How Low Do They Go?,” Brady, Connolly & Masuda Spring Seminar, May 3, 2012
- “Attacking and Reducing Excessive Medical Bills/Benefits of Utilization Review, PPP and Medical Fee Schedule,” Brady, Connolly & Masuda Spring Seminar, May 8, 2014
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Workers' Compensation Lawyers Association, Member
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association