William P. Dewyer
William P. Dewyer is an experienced trial attorney with over 25 years of trial litigation experience. Mr. Dewyer has over 15 years of experience in the preparation and defense of Illinois Workers’ Compensation matters. He has practiced before the Illinois Workers’ Compensation Commission, Illinois Circuit Courts and Appellate Courts in the defense of employers and carriers in civil negligence claims.
Mr. Dewyer has multiple jury trials to verdict. Mr. Dewyer started his career as an Assistant State’s Attorney in Cook County, IL with significant bench and jury trial experience in representing the people of the State of Illinois. Mr. Dewyer has also five years of civil litigation experience taking 15 jury trials to verdict with numerous mandatory arbitrations in auto litigation defense claims. Mr. Dewyer has also defended employers in a multitude of cases at the Illinois Workers’ Compensation Commission at all levels through the Appellate Court in defense of employers in work injury claims.
- Employment Defense
- Workers' Compensation Defense
- Illinois, 1991
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois, 1991
- John Marshall Law School, Chicago, Illinois, 1991, J.D.
- Illinois State University, Chicago, Illinois, B.S. Political Science
Honors and Awards
- William P. Dewyer successfully defended the employer in a claim involving a shooting of a maintenance worker rendering him a quadriplegic and eventually passing due to his injuries. Investigation and expert testimony showed that the Petitioner, while in the course of his employment, was an actual intended target of the shooting for personal reasons unrelated to his work duties and the Arbitrator and the Commission correctly found that the claim for compensation was denied. Warren Montgomery v. Don Samuelson & Associates